We cordially invite you and your colleagues to participate and submit abstracts to “Hanoi Forum 2018: Towards Sustainable Development – Climate Change Response for Sustainability and Security”.
THEMATIC TOPICS INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
1) Climate change evidence and security: Climate measurement processes, methodologies and technologies; Paleoclimatology; CC Assessment; Environmental change; Sea level change; Floods, drought, forest fires, hurricanes, other climate extremes and disasters; CC impact and vulnerability; CC resilience; Riverine ecosystem impacts; Mountain ecosystem impacts; Coastal ecosystem impacts; Marine ecosystem impacts; Impacts on humans and societies; Water supply, Water resource security; Energy sustainability; Environment sustainability; Ecosystem sustainability; CC and government fragility.
2) Human impacts on climate change: Distinguishing climate change and human impact on natural and social system; Synergistic impacts by climate change and human activities; Land-use change; Natural resource exploitations; Greenhouse gas emissions; Environmental pollution.
3) Climate change response: Approaches in CC response and SD; CC adaptation; CC mitigation; CC response for fields and areas/regions; Climate resilient economic and livelihood development; Climate resilient infrastructure development; Disaster and climate-resilient communities, cities; Nature and ecosystem-based CC response; Models of low-carbon, climate resilient and nature harmonious society.
4) Policy and governance of climate change response and sustainability: Policies in CC response; International politics, agreements on climate change; CC economics and finance. Strategies for sustainability; Policy and governance for taking CC opportunities; Policy and institutional innovation for sustainable development and CC response in the Mekong Delta; Policy and institution innovation for resilience building, safe and sustainable cities in the Red River Delta.
5) Science, technology and education for climate change response and sustainability: Education and awareness for management of CC; Higher education on CC response; Alternative and renewable energy sources: technologies, policies, and strategies; Technologies of CC mitigation: carbon dioxide sequestration, solar shades, and others; Low carbon and green technology for CC response and sustainable development.
SUMMARY OF SUBMISSION PROCESS AND IMPORTANT DEADLINES